Welcome to the Dead Horse Morris Website
3rd - 5th July 2015, Camping at Bleangate Brewery
Dancing in Whitstable
Contact 01227 791932 for more info
About Dead Horse Morris
Dead Horse is a Morris dancing side from Whitstable in Kent, made up of the Dead Horse Morris Men and the new ladies team the Broomdashers. We perform a regional style of the traditional English Morris dance. You can find out more about us here or see what Morris dancing is all about on our introductory page.
We practice during the winter months and perform in the local Kentish towns and villages in the summer, with some outings further afield. If you're interesting in joining us then please get in touch or come and see us dance at one of our events.
You can learn the ways of the Dead Horse by studying our dance page that introduces you to our unique way of dancing. Or why not learn a few shanties from our song page to sing along to at one of our stands.
- We are honoured and delighted to have a beer made by Goody Ales named after us. It's called Dead Good, tastes great and will be available at the brewery itself and in pubs where we are having our stands throughout the year.
- Downloadable PDFs of The Broomdashers' World Famous Dances have been added to our Dances page. - Added 3rd June 2014
- Coverage of Dead Horse Morris at Whitstable May Day and at the Morris Dancing World Record attempt in Warwick have been added to our In The News page. - Added 27th May 2014
- Some great photos of Whitstable May Day have been made available on the The Company of the Green Man's Flickr photostream. - Added 14th May 2014
- Mobile Site Beta: Click Here to view the beta version of our new mobile site. It works in desktop browsers too! - Added 24th September 2013